The debate over renting vs. purchasing snorkel equipment is as old as time but as recent as the next time you think about snorkeling. There are no right or wrong answers but here are the best arguments both for and against buying your own equipment.
Arguments for purchasing snorkel equipment:
- You know how clean your equipment is or isn’t. Either way, it’s your equipment. You rarely worry about how clean your toothbrush is…..BECAUSE IT IS YOURS.
- The prices of snorkel equipment have dropped considerably in recent years.
- Amazon makes delivery a breeze and they usually have a great return policy.
Arguments for renting snorkel equipment
- Professional equipment can be properly sized and adjusted.
- Reputable shops do a thorough job of cleaning the equipment because they know they will lose business if their cleaning methods are not thorough. Some argue that you can just tell if a shop is clean.
- You don’t have to pack the equipment when you travel
- You don’t have to carry the equipment with you as you enjoy your beach paradise.
- If you only snorkel once you might save some money.